The methods or scientific technique that is applied to restoring natural hair to overcome the problem of baldness are known by two names, i.e., the FUT hair transplant and the FUE hair transplant. The techniques are applied to extract/harvest the hair roots from the donor location that defines the success of the procedure. The extraction of hair roots is an initial step of the procedure that decides the receiving of a particular number of grafts/follicular unit that are practically fulfills the main transplantation goal via covering the bald zone aesthetically.
Since the process of extraction is only limited to the receiving a particular number of grafts, but have a huge impact on the procedure that decides the aesthetic outcomes. First of all, we need to understand that which technique is the best one in order to fulfill the goal of the procedure and it is important to know each technique separately.
Generally, the hair transplant cost is decided by the used technique and the cost of a FUT hair transplant is less than the FUE and widely chosen by the expert Surgeon as it gives the best results of the procedure.
The FUT Hair Transplant:
The follicular unit transplant or FUT is the process of graft extraction via the strip excision process in which strip of the skin is taken from the back and sides (occipital & parietal part) of the scalp and then sent the pieces to the dissection room where technicians dissect each graft carefully in order to collect the naked graft by separating them from the tissues. The FUT technique is the best suitable method to collect a number of hair roots because the strip provides you with a chance of receiving a multiple numbers of hair roots. The FUT hair transplant always gives the permanent hair roots as the hair follicles are only extracted from DHT-resistant zone that is destined to remain permanent in nature.
The Advantages of FUT Hair Transplant:
- The FUT hair transplant procedure offers a number of hair roots via the strip excision and makes the possibility of a dense-packed hair
- The greater grade of baldness can cover as Surgeon is able to find the largest number of follicular units
- The result received by the procedure is permanent as the roots are extracted only from the safe donor area.
- The cost is generally less, but the outcomes are always rich
- A high-density hair transplant result is possible with the FUT technique.
The FUE Hair Transplant:
The FUE or follicular unit extraction is a process of hair root extraction via a punching machine that allows a surgeon to extract roots one-by-one as a random punching style that decreases the capacity to collect a desired number of grafts. The FUE technique is based on speculation and forecasting ability of a Surgeon that may go wrong in most of the time and affect the outcomes of the procedure. The result received by the FUE is also less sustainable because the random punching process simultaneously targets the unsafe zone also for the extraction results in getting the less number of hair grafts.
The Limitations of FUE Hair Transplant Procedure:
- Only suitable for the lesser grade of baldness
- It is allowed for the body hair transplant, i.e., the moustache and beard transplant
- It is not a feasible technique for pattern baldness or a higher grade of baldness
- It gives the less sustainable result as the roots are extracted randomly and unsafe areas also targeted.
On the whole, we can say that the procedure of hair transplant in Jaipur is only the best solution to get over the problem of baldness and must be received by the best Surgeon who has an in-depth understanding about use of technique and their feasibility as according to the patient’s state of hair loss and their physiological and anatomical status.